Monday, June 06, 2011

Back to school fever !

Today is the first day of school for the year 2011-2012. Had to wake up early to get things ready. For parents, school time means lots of work, expenses and selfless sacrifices as well. It's a learning proccess too, we get to know our children more as we watch them grow on daily basis. So this morning, was kind of a special day for me. I only have one student to attend to ( my daughter ), since my son opted to study in his grandparents place. Nonetheless, I can't help but feel a bit of stress as I tried to make all things settled.

My daugther was so excited too, she will be in grade three this year, wondering who would be her new classmates and teachers. We had to hurry up because she does not want to be late on the first day. Secretly as a mom, I am really happy to see her eagerness to go to school. So as soon as we arrived, we immediately looked for her name as to what section she will be in. We searched for her room which is located at the third floor of the building. Gee, I was thinking if I will be the student, I could easily loose 20 lbs. of weight in a year without even trying, just by going up and down the stairs..lol. Well, of course I could not help but pity the kids, saddled by very heavy bags full of school things and books, I wonder if their growth will not be hindered..Awwww..I hope not.

After sending my daughter to her room, I also made my way to the cashiers office to pay for her books. Had to shell out more than 6 thousand pesos for the books alone ( for the whole year ). If you really want good education for your kids, there's a price to pay too..( I'm not complaining though..lol ). Anyway, a lot of parents were already there ahead of me. Its so funny to think people really like to do things on the last minute ( yeah I'm guilty ). I had to endure the queue for three long hours just to get to the counter. Luckily for us, we were given seats, otherwise we could have been candidates for varicous viens already..hahaha.
well,I did finished my transaction the same time as my daughter's dismissal. They had been dismissed early since its just the first day. For me it was the right timing too in time for lunch because I am really really starving at that time.

At the end of the day..all went well. Im sure this school year will gonna be fine, inspite and despite of the some future setbacks. I believed parents really ought to get rewards. All the medals in the world can never compensate the love they have for the kids. So goodluck everyone...

No comments:

Post a Comment